Happy Thursday! I’ve had quite a busy week at work, so I’ve been looking forward to sitting down to share my fourth Project Pan update for this year’s project. Last month, I revamped my project and swapped a lot of things in and out to better fit my needs for the project. Click here to see my last update, and here to read about the reasons behind the revamp. This month, I’ve had some ups and downs with my panning journey. Read on to hear more about my progress!
Products I’ve Finished:
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – unscented (2 oz tub)
I really only had about one more use in the tub at my last update, so this was sort of a gimmie product. I finished this up on March 21.
- OFRA Universal Brow Pencil
Finally! I sharpened this down as far as I could before it just became ergonomically impossible to create good brows, so I called this offically done on April 2.
Products I’m Removing:
- L’Oréal Infallible Never-Fail Eyeliner – Black Brown
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon – Blaquer (42), mini
I liked these liners when I first got them…long ago, but both of these have just seen better days. The Infallible one, particularly started doing a weird thing where it picked up on itself like when you write over a dry-erase marker. Both had just dried out too much and I have other, newer liners in dark brown and black in my collection. So I decided to go on the safe side and declutter these.
I’ve added in another liner of each color to my daily makeup box, but I’m not going to add them to my project for now. I want to see if they’re going to be workable before doing that. If I decided they’re something I want to pan, I’ll mark their starting progress from that day and bring it in on the next update.
Products I’ve Made Progress On:
- Fiona Stiles Sheer Sculpting Palette – Light/Medium
As you can see in the photo, I’ve finished up the lightest shade in this palette, just in time for this update! I’ve made a bit more progress on the darkest shade – I’ll continue drawing the line in each time I post an update. For the middle shade, this shows less progress, but I think now that the lightest shade is gone, I’ll use this more for contouring. I marked a line around the pan to see if there’s any progress there, but I recognize the edges may stay the same until I get closer to the pan.
- Milani Make It Dewy Setting Spray
I’m making my way through this spray slowly because I don’t love it on top of my makeup. I’ve started using this more as a priming spray before I apply the actual Milani primer. I honestly don’t know if it’s doing anything for my makeup or skin, but I know that I’m using it up, and that makes me happy. I will also start using this in a similar way to how people use Mac Fix+, to foil shadows and dampen brushes for more intense eye and highlight effects.
- Milani Prime Light Strobing + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer
I’ve used this all but 3-5 times I did my makeup all month, and this is the progress I’ve seen. I am really hoping to finish this up by the end of May so I can use even more glowy primers in the summer!
- Touch in Sol Advanced Real Moisture Foundation – #21, sample
I am so close to finishing this up! If so, it will go into my empties post next Thursday. I could have used it a little faster, but I’ve been mixing it with another foundation, so it’s taking it’s time.
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1 – For Very Dry to Dry Skin (6.7 oz)
Sadly, I didn’t use this nearly as often as I intended to, so there is very little progress. I am really committing myself to start using this every night.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye
I use this nearly every night, and the tube is to the point where it’s difficult to see where the product is at since the product is all down in the wider portion of the container. I am loving this, and expect to use it up fully.
- Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil (mini)
It looks like I made lots of progress on this, but sadly I dropped the bottle one day in my sink and a ton got wasted. This is such a beautiful face oil, and I will treasure it to the last drop! If you look closely, you can see both the original line from Update 3, the line where it was down to after I dropped it, and the line it’s at now at Update 4.
- Coty Airspun Powder – Translucent Extra Coverage
I used this about half the time I did my makeup this month, so there really wasn’t any progress to show, so I’ve just included the photo from last month to show where the line was at. The last two weeks I’ve been battling with very watery eyes, and I have suspected that this powder getting in my eyes is part of the issue, so I had been using something else (a pressed translucent powder) for a few days. I went back to this about a week ago, but applying it again with a sponge, careful to not grab too much product so it won’t cloud up and irritate my eyes. I think it’s helping somewhat.
- Smashbox X-Rated Mascara, travel size
Since this is mascara, I can’t show you the progress on this, but as of this morning it’s started performing a little differently. I plan to use it until I can’t stand it anymore, and then will change it either way on May 1.
- It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Lite (2 oz)
I’ve realized this isn’t my favorite leave-in treatment, and that I much prefer the regular It’s a 10 to the Lite version, but I will happily use this up. I’ve noticed myself drifting toward others I have in my collection recently, so I’m going to store the others away until I use this one up. Then I will save the bottle to reuse for travel.
- Not Your Mother’s Blonde Moment Treatment Shampoo
I am using this about once a week, so the progress is slow, but I’m happy with it.
- Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Shampoo
I use this every time I wash my hair, even when I use the NYM shampoo – I mix them together to get a better application to my hair. I really love the scent of this shampoo, but I think using it so often has made it lose its magic. I’ll keep using this line in other ways, but I think I’ll be getting something more salon-quality when I use this up.
- L’Oréal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm
I use this or my Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion masque in place of conditioner every time I wash my hair. I have very long, color-treated hair, so it needs a lot of extra moisture to behave the way I want it to.
- Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Crème Rinse
I don’t really use this very much, but my husband does! He’s going through it fairly slowly, since he only has to use <1 pump each time. When I use it, I use 5-6 pumps!
Products I’ve Added:
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – Vanilla Citron scent (4 oz tub)
As soon as I finished the 2 oz unscented tub, I rotated this in immediately. I truly cannot go without some kind of Ultra Repair Cream in my life! I admit, the scent of this one is not my favorite, but I am determined to use it! To mask the scent a bit, I’ve been applying it in the morning before I get dressed so it’s mostly contained by the fabric of my pants/leggings, and then I use a different moisturizer for my arms and hands.
There’s a few products that I’m “unofficially” panning right now, like some brow products and a foundation, as well as the eyeliners I mentioned I’m testing, but I don’t want to officially add those to the project for now. This leaves me with 15 items officially. I hope you’ll check in next week for my April Empties post – there’s a lot of things I’ve finished and decluttered since my last empties post, and I’m so excited to share them with you!
How is your project pan going? Please share your progress in the comments here or on Instagram! (Follow me @natalieblends!)
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and your own referral code, and I’ll get $15 as well.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.