I don’t know about you, but as quickly as January, February, and March passed by, April never seemed to end. Today I’m sharing the products I used the most in April and some brief thoughts on them. To check out my previous most-used posts, click here!
- Primer: Milani Prime Light Strobing + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer (2 months in a row)
This is one of the items in my Project Pan, so I have been diligently using it every time I wear makeup in an attempt to use it up. It’s not that I don’t like it, I just know there’s other things I have that I’m more excited to use and try out.
- Foundation: Touch in Sol Advanced Real Moisture Foundation – #21
This is another Project Pan item, but I actually used this one up in April. You can read my full review on it in my April Empties post!
- Concealer: Wet n Wild Photo Focus Concealer – Light Ivory (2 months in a row)
I really like this concealer, but it’s starting to dry out a bit. I used this about half of April and then bounced around between a few others and this one during the second half.
- Powder: Coty Airspun Powder – Translucent Extra Coverage (4 months in a row)
I’ve been using this a little less frequently in the past week or two, but I definitely used this powder the most during April. I am determined to get more use out of it in May, since it’s another Project Pan item. I think progress will come more easily since it’s getting warmer in California and I need a bit more powder.
- Bronzer/Contour: Fiona Stiles Sheer Sculpting Palette – Light/Medium (4 months in a row)
Another month using this palette has come and gone, and I’m happy to say I’ve finished one of the three shades. I’m working hard to use the others, but the progress is slow-going. Every once in a while I grab another bronzer just to change things up and not get bored with this one.
- Blush: Benefit Gold Rush
In April I got a set of six mini blushes and bronzers from Benefit, and this shade is the newest in their boxed blush collection. I am really loving the nude-peach shade with a hint of golden shimmer, and the scent of this blush is great!
- Highlight: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – Moonstone
With the palettes I’ve used in April, I’ve found myself reaching for something to better complement the peachy and gold tones in my eyeshadows, so Moonstone was an easy grab on most days.
- Setting Spray: Milani Make It Dewy Setting Spray Hydrate + Illuminate + Set (3rd month, 2 in a row)
I am almost finished with this spray, and hope to rotate something new into my Project Pan within the next week or so. I am still using this mostly under makeup instead of on top.
- Brow Pencil: L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer – Light Brunette
This is my favorite brow pencil, but in a new shade for me. I have blonde highlights in my hair so I wanted to try the new Light Brunette shade of this pencil, and I am really liking how it defines my brows without getting too dark.
- Eyeshadow Palette: Too Faced Sweet Peach
This is one of my favorite palettes in my collection and definitely my favorite used this month. Check out my full review on it here!
- Eyeliner: None
I really didn’t use eyeliner much at all in April, with the exception of realizing that I needed to toss the ones I’d been trying to use. I’ve rotated a couple more in and I hope to share my thoughts on at least one of them next month.
- Mascara: Smashbox X-Rated Mascara (2 months in a row)
I finished up this mini tube this month, and I quite enjoyed it. You can read my full review in my Empties post.
- Lip Balm: Clinique Pep Start Pout Restoring Night Mask
I got a mini of this lip mask in a holiday set and I have really been enjoying using it overnight after I feel like my lips have had a particularly rough day with whatever I put them through with other lip products.
- Lip Liner: Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil – 020 beige nude
I received this pencil in an Influenster box right as these pencils were launching. It’s the one I’ve been reaching for the most recently just to give a bit of definition to my lips before applying a nude or peachy liquid or bullet lipstick. It also works very nicely when I just want to line my lips and throw on a gloss.
- Lipstick: MAC Matte Lipstick – Velvet Teddy (2 months in a row)
I am still wearing this most often – mostly because it’s what I grab when I need a mid-day touch-up, but I’ve also found myself grabbing it out of my purse in the mornings to use to start the day.
- Liquid Lipstick: Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit – Rebel Rose (2nd month)
What can I say, I just keep coming back for more with this shade. It’s very much a my-lips-but-better shade, and it goes perfectly with my favorite lip gloss.
- Lip Gloss: Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip – Aquarius (4 months in a row)
What did I tell you – this is my absolute favorite lip gloss in my collection!
Since I used up a couple of these products before I put this list together, I wasn’t able to create a look with all of these items this time around. Check out my Instagram, natalieblends to see looks throughout the month of April, as well as my One Week, One Palette series on this blog!
What are your favorite makeup products from this past month? Share your favorites or link your blog or videos in the comments!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.