Today I’ll be sharing my April 2018 empties. This month I used up seven products, and I am so close to finishing up a few more.
- Smashbox X-Rated Mascara, mini
This mascara mini had been in my Project Pan for about two months, and I ended up finishing it on April 21. I tried to push it another week, but the formula had dried out quite a bit. In its defense, I had opened this and used it a few times prior to putting it in the project months ago, so it didn’t have a fair shot at lasting the full three months it could have.
Repurchase? Maybe? I have no issues with this mascara, but I know that I prefer others over it. If I somehow ended up with another tube of it, I would definitely use it again.
- Touch in Sol Advanced Real Moisture Foundation – #21, sample
This little tube really lasted quite a while! I used this nearly every day I wore makeup from March 12 through April 25, and had used it a few times before that, so it was a great value. (Thanks ipsy!) I did enjoy this foundation, especially how it can truly be full-coverage, or it can mix with other foundations nicely to sheer out a bit.
Repurchase? No, but not because I didn’t like it. I just know I prefer others more at a lower price tag.
- OFRA Universal Brow Pencil
As I said in my Project Pan update: Finally. The best part about this pencil was that it was waxy enough to not need an additional brow gel. I went back and forth on if I liked the shade on me many times throughout the month, and now that I’ve started using a lighter pencil I realize it wasn’t the best on me. I also really prefer
Repurchase? No. I would need to be fully brunette and have found a great standalone spoolie for me to repurchase this. I also really prefer automatic brow pencils, so that’s another downside of this one for me.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask, 1 oz
First of all, I adore this mask. This is the type of product that I will want to keep in my collection constantly forever because it is just so versatile. Depending on how you use this, it can give different effects. The thing I see most from this is that it not only hydrates but gives my skin a brighter appearance in the mornings, possibly due to the caffeine in it. Run, don’t walk people!
Repurchase? Yes, the moment I am allowed to buy more masks again.
- Fresh Rose Face Mask
I usually love rose-based products, but this one fell a little flat for me. The scent is very strong, which makes me nervous to leave it on my face for very long. I also think I generally prefer a creamier mask than this gel-based formula.
Repurchase? No, thank you. 🙂
- Smooth Sexy Hair – Smooth & Seal Anti-Frizz & Shine Spray (travel size)
This spray really does what it claims to do, and I honestly don’t know why it took me so long to use this up. Maybe I treated this like one of those “it’s special so I don’t want to use it all the time” sort of things, but I really need to get this back into my stash. This spray has very little holding power, but it smooths down my “baby hairs” at my part and creates an all-over smoothing effect that leaves my hair looking extra shiny. I use this as a last step when I’m doing my hair and I never regret it when I do.
Repurchase? Yes! As soon as I finish up a few other hair products.
- Maison Margiela – ‘REPLICA’ Lazy Sunday Morning (sample)
I used this on myself one day and then proceeded to spray it around my room as an air freshener because I didn’t love how it smelled as a perfume. So maybe this is a cheap add to my empties list, but it is empty!
What products did you finish up this month? What products did you hate to see go?
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.