As I’ve been going through my collection and doing an official inventory using Airtable (10/10, highly recommend!), I’ve discovered a few items that need to be let go – most of which have just expired. In total, I’ve decluttered 21 items! Read on for some of my thoughts on these items and if I’ll consider repurchasing them in the future.
- NYX BB Cream – Nude – I’m decluttering because the tube got damaged at some point and it’s leaking. I would repurchase once I’m out of my other lightweight foundations, it would definitely be in the running.
- Wet n Wild Illumi-Naughty Highlighting and Concealing Pen – I-Vory Into You – This is the highlighting pen that I would go for again, if I ever wanted another one. Unfortunately, this one got old enough for the formula to separate.
- L’Oreal Magic Lumi Highligher pen –
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer – This is just old. I would possibly repurchase but remove the sponge and apply it with my fingers/Beauty Blender next time to keep it more sanitary.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex mini – I love this mascara, and just had a hard time letting this mini go until I had another tube in my collection.
- Touch in Sol No Poreblem Primer sample – This just doesn’t work for my skin type, and it’s started to separate.
- Benefit They’re Real eyeliner mini – This was a heavy duty liner when I tried it, but it’s just not the type of product I like to use. When I twisted it up to swatch it and try it out one last time, it started to crumble a bit. I’m okay letting this go since I really only got it because it was in a pack with the They’re Real mascara.
- Maybelline Collosal Big Shot mascara – This mascara just didn’t work for me. I don’t feel like it dried down fully and it was difficult to remove.
- Rimmel Thick & Thin liquid liner – I swatched all of the liquid liners and only decided to keep the ones that are as black and matte as I’m looking for. This one just didn’t make the cut in comparison to others I have. I also didn’t love the calligraphy style tip.
- StarLooks cream shadow – I got this in an ipsy bag at some point and never reached for it. The product separated a bit and I have a cream shadow stick in a similar color, which I prefer.
- EM Cosmetics liquid liner – This also came in an ipsy bag. Like the Rimmel liner, this just didn’t win out over the others I have in my collection. This was before she revamped her line, so here’s a link to the new eyeliners.
- JCat Beauty eyebrow pencil – Another ipsy product; this one was a decent formula, and I like the more rectangular shape of the pencil, but the shade was a touch too deep and too warm. I think it would look lovely on someone with deeper auburn hair.
- Revlon Photoready Eye Art (Topaz Twinkle) – This was fun while it lasted! I think I got this on super sale at CVS a long time ago (like – I may have used it for prom once kind of long time ago). I remember liking the glitter much more than the cream. After all this time, the glitter dried out, but I would try this again.
- Ulta Beauty dual-ended eyeliner (black/white) – I got this in a gift with purchase. This was handy when I took it on a trip once, but it doesn’t compare to the other black and white pencil liners I have (which are twist-up instead of wooden). The white was also slightly shimmery, which wasn’t my favorite to use for brightening. They don’t seem to sell these style of pencils in their main line.
- Ulta Beauty Fabulous Face Foundation Primer – This was purchased in late 2015, and is no longer available. This was not the best primer for me, since it’s more for oily skin and/or filling in pores, but it worked extremely well when I used it on others.
- Ulta Beauty Flawless Prime sample – This primer was a little odd because it was both trying to be pore-filling and color-correcting – neither of which I really need.
- Ulta Beauty Hydro Prime – The only reason I’m going on and getting rid of it (other than it being a couple years old) is because it seems like it’s starting to cause my foundations to change color when I use this under them, which never happened until I picked it back up recently after about 8 months using other things. Click here if you want to check out the current line of primers from Ulta.
- L’Oreal Visible Lift Blur Concealer – I believe this is also discontinued. I’ve realized that concealers in a tube don’t get used enough for me. The only reason I would purchase another in a tube is if it were to use as a mixer for foundations.
- ??? Glitter Black Liner
- ??? Glitter Blue Liner
- ??? Shimmery Purple Liquid Liner – I got these three items (whose brands have rubbed off) at Walmart at some point long ago. The glitter liners were actually still in their wrappers, but when I opened and swatched them they lived up to their original $2 price tag. I remember getting some good use out of the purple liquid liner a few times because it’s a nice deep plum, but the pigment has now separated from the formula, so it’s time to say goodbye.
I’m planning to go through my lipstick collection more thoroughly and document my trying and decluttering process on this blog. Stay tuned for those and other posts coming up!
What’s a product that you had to say goodbye to? Any items you’ve decluttered and gone back to purchase? Let me know int he comments!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.