June was a pretty productive month as far as using up products goes. Today, I’ll be sharing my list of empties for the month of June, as well as my thoughts on the items.
Today I’ll be sharing my April 2018 empties. This month I used up seven products, and I am so close to finishing up a few more.
Today I’ll be sharing my March 2018 empties! I am happy to have used up 8 items this month, even if most of them were sample sized products. The reason I love reading and watching others’ empties posts/videos is because I love to hear about their experience using the entire product – how their opinion changed over time and if they’d repurchase it again in the future.
In today’s post, I’m going to share my reviews on the things that I finished up this past month. This month, I only had a couple makeup items in my empties. I am making some progress on a few other things right now, but they weren’t quite finished by the time I’m writing this post.
- L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Primer – I will miss this primer dearly while I finish up the others in my collection. Check out my Project Pan Update #2 for full review.
- NYX First Base Primer Spray – I’ve had this for a while, but never used it consistently enough to figure out if I really liked it for priming. I often used it to take down powdery-ness on my face or as a refreshing spray in the place of a setting spray, or to wet a brush for foiling eyeshadow, which it works just fine for. I won’t repurchase this, but not because I hate it – it’s just a spray! The only reason I may buy this again is if I fall in love with the Smashbox Primer Water sample I have in my stash and want a cheaper alternative. I’ll be cleaning out the bottle and saving it to use as a travel size container for my Skindinavia Bridal Spray since I have the giant bottle of that.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – Radiance with Hyaluronic Acid – I got through as much of this as I could by squeezing, but I have no interest in cutting open the tube to scrape out whatever is left. I wouldn’t repurchase this because it doesn’t provide enough of a glow and I’ve been trying to stay away from hyaluronic acid since I moved to California since it almost seems to drain the moisture from my skin since it can’t draw much moisture from the environment. Since this was in my Project Pan, I’ll add in another primer in its place.
What products did you use up this month? Are there any products you’ll miss or are there some you’re glad to say goodbye to? I’d love to read your comments below!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.
Welcome to my first empties post! This month I finished 7 products and 2 samples.