Welcome to my first empties post! This month I finished 7 products and 2 samples.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation – 202 Creamy Natural
I love this foundation! Check out my full review in my Project Pan Update #1.
- Dr. G Daily Safe BB Cream SPF 30 – Fair
Once I finished the L’Oreal foundation, I grabbed this little sample BB that I got from ipsy a while ago and used up what was left in 2 applications. I liked this product from the first try since it’s got a nice buildable coverage and is pretty much the perfect shade for me. I may repurchase in the future, but I plan to try out the IT Cosmetics CC Cream first.
- Revlon ColorStay Lip Liners – Natural & Blush
These were accidentally finished up when I was taking photos to add these to my Project Pan. I twisted what was left out and laid the pencils down on the notebook in my lap, but they rolled off and the rest of the product broke off. Luckily, there was probably only around a quarter-inch of product left in either of them, so I’ll count these as mostly empty.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate (travel size)
This came in the Clinique Dewy Delights Set from Holiday 2017. I had been curious about this product when it was released and nearly bought a full size since I already like the Moisture Surge Overnight Mask. While I do feel like this gave a slight boost to my moisturizer, I didn’t love the texture and the fact it needed to dry down before I applied anything on top. If I had more to use, I might mix it with my moisturizer, instead of applying it first like a serum. I wouldn’t repurchase this, but if it was in another gift set where all the items were at such a great value (this kit was $25 and the travel size of this alone is $13.50!), then I would use it up again.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator (mini)
This also came in the Dewy Delights set. I really like how this has such a lightweight feel, but really packs a moisturizing punch! My only gripe is that it comes it a jar, so I probably wouldn’t purchase this on its own.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 This is my go-to daily moisturizer for the past…longer than I can even remember. Maybe close to or over 10 years? Needless to say, I have repurchased this, but I went with the SPF 15 this time. I wanted to try it out to see if there’s any difference (other than the SPF level) and because my husband and I aren’t outside much during the day this time of year, so I figured 15 would be alright for daily use. We have a separate SPF to use when we know we’ll be outside for more than just walking to the car and back.
- VERB Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner (2 sample packets)
I took these two sample packets with me to visit my sister in Colorado last weekend, and I liked the results it gave. It’s hard to tell the true results after just two washes, especially when I was in a different house. I liked the smell of the shampoo, and the conditioner nicely melted into my hair. I feel like it hydrated my hair without being too heavy, and I was happy that is was color-safe. I don’t know if I would repurchase a full size just yet, but I may grab a travel size kit to try it out more first if they sold one in the hydrating range.
I also decluttered two things:
- TEMPTU Base Smooth & Matte Primer (sample)
I got this in an ipsy bag forever ago and never felt like I could use it. I know it doesn’t have to be used in the airbrush system from TEMPTU, and would probably be fine if applied with a brush, but I want to apply primer with my hands, so this never got used. Then last week, I picked it up to try it out for one last time, and saw a dark spot down in the bottom of the bottle that could be mold, so I tossed it.
- Loreal Infallible Advanced Never-Fail Makeup (no SPF)-603 Classic Ivory
This was the only link I could find, but I’m sure it is not the kind that has SPF 18 or 20 or whatever I have been able to find so far, because this doesn’t contain any sunscreen. This was part of my carefully-crafted foundation cocktail for my wedding makeup, but it’s gone bad since. I tried to use it the other day, and no matter how much I shake it up, it seems to separate overnight. I’ve gotten a few breakouts the past week, and it’s the only thing that’s changed (even though I am using a lot of face masks, I haven’t used any new ones since starting to try this foundation out again). I’m sad to see it go for the sentimental value, but the pump is not working well and the formula is separating, so I’m okay bidding it farewell.
BONUS! Here’s a picture of my 2017 empties that I remembered to keep around, going back to the end of June.
What products did you use up this month? Are there any products you’ll miss or are there some you’re glad to say goodbye to? I’d love to read your comments below!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.