When I read a blog, I like to look through and learn more about who’s behind the posts, so I thought I’d share a few more things about me here today, in addition to what’s on my main About Me page.
- I’ve lived in 3 states. I grew up in Tennessee, including going to college at Belmont University in Nashville. I moved to Texas after college to go to graduate school at Texas State University. While I was in grad school, I met my husband, and we’ve since moved to his home state of California this past year.
- I met my husband online. My husband moved to Texas after college and I was one of the first people he messaged on OKCupid. I had been on the site for almost a year, and was getting ready to quit! I fully believe in online dating as a way to meet your partner, so long as you’re ready to do so. Three of my closest friends have also met their significant others on OKCupid as well! (We really should be on a commercial for them or something…)
- I’ve been doing OneWord resolutions for 5 years, and this will be my 6th! This practice has really helped put me in a mindset to center my goals around each year. Instead of coming up with a laundry list of things to accomplish that aren’t really related (or SMART goals!), I use my word to guide my actions, thoughts, and planning throughout the year to take me to a place that brings more of my word out of me. Past words I’ve used are:
I’ll be writing about my 2018 One Word in a few weeks!
I’d love to learn more about you! Share your blogs, a fun fact about yourself, or ask a question you’d like to know about me!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.