Hello! For March, I’ve picked things to highlight that this is the month of my first wedding anniversary. Pink hydrangea washi tape, to give a nod to the hydrangeas and pink flowers used in the wedding decorations, accented with the green Mildliner. Keep reading for further details!
Read More »
In today’s post, I’m going to share my reviews on the things that I finished up this past month. This month, I only had a couple makeup items in my empties. I am making some progress on a few other things right now, but they weren’t quite finished by the time I’m writing this post.
- L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Primer – I will miss this primer dearly while I finish up the others in my collection. Check out my Project Pan Update #2 for full review.
- NYX First Base Primer Spray – I’ve had this for a while, but never used it consistently enough to figure out if I really liked it for priming. I often used it to take down powdery-ness on my face or as a refreshing spray in the place of a setting spray, or to wet a brush for foiling eyeshadow, which it works just fine for. I won’t repurchase this, but not because I hate it – it’s just a spray! The only reason I may buy this again is if I fall in love with the Smashbox Primer Water sample I have in my stash and want a cheaper alternative. I’ll be cleaning out the bottle and saving it to use as a travel size container for my Skindinavia Bridal Spray since I have the giant bottle of that.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – Radiance with Hyaluronic Acid – I got through as much of this as I could by squeezing, but I have no interest in cutting open the tube to scrape out whatever is left. I wouldn’t repurchase this because it doesn’t provide enough of a glow and I’ve been trying to stay away from hyaluronic acid since I moved to California since it almost seems to drain the moisture from my skin since it can’t draw much moisture from the environment. Since this was in my Project Pan, I’ll add in another primer in its place.
What products did you use up this month? Are there any products you’ll miss or are there some you’re glad to say goodbye to? I’d love to read your comments below!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.
Hello! Today I’m sharing my second update for my rolling Project Pan. I’ve made some nice progress this past month, and am excited to finish up a couple items by the next update. As I did last update, I’ll be covering items that I finished, ones I added, and the progress on the rest.
Read More »
Hello! Today I’m sharing my first update for my Face Mask Challenge. As a refresher, I have a lot of face masks in my collection…definitely too many for one face! So, as an attempt to use up my collection and to find the types and ingredients I love the most, I’ve decided to do a face mask every day in 2018.
I am pleased to say that I was successful in my first month of daily masking:
Read More »
This week, I’d like to share how I use my Bullet Journal for financial planning, which I call “Mindful Money”.
- Break down ALL of your transactions into 6 categories and color-code:
- As Needed
- Very Limited
- Unless Out
- Do Not Buy
- Within the categories, plan transactions with specific limits, whenever necessary.
- Track transactions throughout each month in the habit tracker, to show which days money was spent in which category.
- List transactions individually in a spreadsheet, and use the same color-code to show trends in transaction categories. (Other things happen with this spreadsheet, but we’ll get to that later.)
Read More »
Hello! Welcome to my first-ever Favorites post on my blog! I expect this first post to be the longest of these posts, because in every subsequent favorites post I’ll link older ones that give a full description of why each product is my favorite and only include full reviews on products that are new to the favorites list.
I’ll use these posts to share products that are my current “holy grail” or what has just been used most in the past month, for whatever reason.Read More »