Hello! Today I’m sharing my second update for my rolling Project Pan. I’ve made some nice progress this past month, and am excited to finish up a couple items by the next update. As I did last update, I’ll be covering items that I finished, ones I added, and the progress on the rest.
Products I’ve Finished:
- L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Primer I’ve been done with this for a few weeks now. This is one of my all-time favorite primers for so many different reasons. I think it makes any of my foundations look nicer on my skin. I like wearing this on its own on days I’m not going to wear foundation and a full face of makeup (hello, grocery shopping!), but I also like wearing it under or mixed in with my foundation to add a luminous finish or amp it up in an already glowing foundation. I have a lot of other primers to work through first, but I very well may return to this one when I’ve made it through the rest of my collection.
Progress I’ve Made:
- OFRA Universal Brow Pencil
I’ve used most of this that I can over the last month. I expect that I’ll be able to get 1-2 more weeks out of it, depending on how frequently I need to sharpen it, before it gets too short to be able to get enough control when applying.
- Ulta Dual Ended Lip Liner – Flushed/Berry
I use the flushed (nude) end of this a lot more often than the berry side, despite my best intentions to use deeper lip colors in these last few weeks of “winter” in California. I don’t mind the formula, but I’ve realized this past week that it works much better when I blend it all over my lips instead of just lining. With the berry shade, this has the effect of making things a little deeper and more blue-toned. (For example – I wore it under Lumiere 2 the other day and it turned a very deep, cool purple instead of a mid-tone orchid/mauve. After I took my last update’s photos, I drew a line in the center of the pencil so I could see the progress from each side.
- NARS Blush – Orgasm
It is really difficult to capture it in photos, but I have made a bit of progress on this blush since my last update. Last week I used a palette that was mostly pink and red tones, so I was able to go heavier with my blush to balance it all out. I am going to keep at it for the next month on this blush, but in my next update I’ll make a decision on if I want to change to something else for a bit. Since I’m changing up my eyeshadow palette each week (more on that in a later post), it’s difficult to keep to only one blush, even though Orgasm is quite universal.
- Fiona Stiles Sheer Sculpting Palette – Light/Medium
I hit pan on the deepest shade just a few days ago, but I hit a standstill on the other two shades, even after using the middle one nearly every day I wore makeup. So, I’ve finally repressed the first two shades today. This is the first time I’ve repressed product that wasn’t just broken and still filled the full pan, so I hope these don’t break before I’m able to use them up. I’ll probably take extra precaution to avoid breaking and not take these out of town with me in a couple weeks.
- Coty Airspun Powder – Translucent Extra Coverage
I’ve used this faithfully this past month, and have seen a bit of progress! I have even been testing out a bit of baking the past week, so that can help use up the product a bit more quickly.
- Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black Eau de Parfum
I’ve made minimal progress this month, but I’m thinking of swapping this out for another item for my official project and just track my progress on it over time generally. This is a beautiful fragrance, but I don’t think it’s the best for everyday wear at work and whatnot – it’s definitely a sexier, warmer, nighttime perfume. I realize it will probably take me years to finish using it that way since it’s so large, but that’s alright. (Progress is top of the blue line from the top of the pink line.)
- Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara
I’ll wait until I’m done with this mascara to share my thoughts on it, but (spoiler alert) I’m already excited to try something new.
Items I’ve Added:
Since I finished the primer, I’ve added in two things this month to have a total of 8 products in my project.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – Radiance with Hyaluronic Acid
I’ve been using this for about 3 weeks already, so I’ve already got a good bit of progress going. This is a sample size I got in an Ipsy bag.
How is your Project Pan going? I’d love to read your posts/watch your videos about your project! Comment below and share your links!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.
2 thoughts on “Project Pan 2018 Update #2”
[…] I will miss this primer dearly while I finish up the others in my collection. Check out my Project Pan Update #2 for full […]
[…] this format will better show how I’m using my collection, since I’m in the midst of a Project Pan and other projects that limit the use of my full collection on any given day. As mentioned in my […]