June was a pretty productive month as far as using up products goes. Today, I’ll be sharing my list of empties for the month of June, as well as my thoughts on the items.
- First Aid Beauty Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer (mini) I really enjoyed this. It’s got a glow similar to Becca Backlight, but is more moisturizing. I would absolutely repurchase this in the future.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder (travel size) This worked fine, but I don’t personally understand the hype this powder gets. I would only repurchase this if it were in a Sephora Favorites kit.
- Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer – Matte Tan (mini) This is no longer sold, so it’s not linked. I do have a full-size of this that i got from TJ Maxx. I would guess it’s similar to the lighter matte shade in the new Hustle and Glow palette.
- Revlon ColorStay Brow Pencil – Blonde This is my second of this type of pencil. Since I got more highlights at the end of May I decided to go for a blonde pencil instead of another in Soft Brown. I would compare this to the Benefit Goof Proof pencil in shape, but it is a little creamier of a formula, which I like. And the price is hard to beat!
- Colourpop Creme Gel Liner – Stomper I love the Colourpop liners, and this was a nice, deep brown that worked fine with either black or brown mascara. I like using Colourpop liners because they work, but aren’t too expensive. Since I don’t regularly use eyeliner, I prefer to find inexpensive options like this.
- Benefit They’re Real mascara I did not like this mascara. I prefer much more volume in my lashes, but I can compromise if a mascara is especially lengthening, but this didn’t meet either mark. It was also much harder to remove than most other mascaras I’ve tried in quite some time.
- Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray (mini) Just okay. I would like to try the Dewy Finish version of this spray in the future.
- beautyblender Joy (yellow) I got this in a holiday set last year. I use my sponges for 3 months, then discard them. I find beautyblenders actually last this full period.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Micellar Gel Facial Cleanser This is a nice cleanser, and I would go for this if I was looking for a drugstore cleanser in the future. I prefer something that leaves me feeling almost moisturized, like a cream cleanser, so this is not my favorite. I didn’t get that stripped-skin feeling though, so I’d say it’s worth a try if you’re curious.
- Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum (mini) I really like this serum, but it is just so expensive in the full-size. I plan to use Pixi Glow Tonic as my toner once I finish my FAB pads, so that will do this serum’s job nicely at a much lower price.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum (mini) I really enjoyed this as an extra hydrating boost before applying moisturizer or SPF. I could see myself buying this again if I notice I’m having really extreme dryness and even my heavier moisturizers aren’t cutting it.
- Origins Gin-Zing Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer (mini) This is nice, and has a very refreshing smell, but it’s not ideal for my skin type.
- The Better Skin Co. Mirakle Cream (mini) This is a nice, thick cream and I enjoyed using it a lot. I would compare it to the NARS Luminous Moisture Cream in how it makes my skin feel, but I prefer the NARS because of the added luminosity.
- Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion (SPF 30) (mini from Sun Safety Kit) This was fine, but I think it irritated my eyes a bit. It was nice to have the minis from this kit to travel with, and I’ll continue using them throughout the summer.
- Briogeo Farewell Frizz Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioning Spray This has a nice scent, but not overpowering, and it helps detangle my hair without feeling heavy. I really prefer it over all other leave-in sprays I’ve tried and plan to repurchase it in the future.
Bath & Body
- Sol de Janiero Brazilian Bum Bum Cream (mini) I just don’t understand the hype of this stuff, especially when it’s so expensive with so many other options out there. I had a small tube from an ipsy bag, and used it all over my legs once to try it out that way, then used it on my arms until I finished it off. The glow is nice, but I can get that with highlight.
- Versace Bright Crystal perfume (sample) I have the hardest time explaining why I like a fragrance, but since I finished it you know I do. Looking at the notes, I think it is because it is both fruity and floral, and smells light. I also found that it lasted a long time on my skin.
I am nearing the end of most of my minis stash of skincare products, so I expect things to slow down in that category, but there are a lot of items in Project Pans that I hope to finish by the end of July.
What items did you finish up recently? Did you have a different experience with any of the products above? Please comment here or on Instagram! (Follow me @natalieblends!)
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and your own referral code, and I’ll get $15 as well.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.