From March 3rd through the 9th, I used the LORAC PRO 3 palette. I chose this palette for this week because it was the palette I primarily used for my wedding look, and it was our first anniversary on the 5th! My husband and I went to San Diego for the weekend, so I wanted to use this palette as an extra level of celebration and nostalgia.
This is my favorite of the permanent PRO palettes from LORAC because it’s an everyday palette with such glamorous touches that amplify it to being something really special. I really like being able to stay totally neutral and light, taking things much smokier, or adding a tad bit of color with the plum shimmer.
Some of my favorite shades:
- Light Gold is probably the prettiest shimmery highlight shade ever. I honestly cannot even describe it – you just have to see it. It just picks up light so beautifully.
- Terracotta is the golden brown matte shade up top, and I love to add that as a transition to warm up any look. I’ve already said before how much I love a golden/mustard sort of shade, and this one is no exception.
- Amethyst adds a “gentle pop” of color to this palette. I love wearing it all over the lid blown out into the crease with Pink Nude and Clay.
- Clay is my favorite matte in this palette because it can go with any other shade in the palette. It can pull either more pink or more brown based on what it’s paired with and I tend to use this as my first crease shade while I’m debating where to go next.
The only shade that is not up to par with the other shimmer shades is Medallion. It’s honestly the only shimmer shade in all of my LORAC palettes that I don’t immediately love – BUT (!) it works just fine if applied over a bit of a stickier base like a cream shadow stick or glitter glue.
A few weeks ago on the first day of Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty, this palette was 50% off and I almost bought a backup. I ultimately decided not to since it’s part of the permanent line of LORA PRO palettes, but if it ever seemed to be getting discontinued, I would probably buy at least two backups.
BOLD STATEMENT WARNING: If I had to let go of all of my eyeshadow palettes and could only keep one – this would be it. This is the perfect palette for someone with fair skin who likes classic, neutral looks and a soft shadow formula. If you fit that description, I highly recommend that you try it out.
Gotta love car selfies, right?
If you could only have one eyeshadow palette – which one would you choose? (No fair picking a self-created palette of singles!) Share your thoughts in the comments!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.