Hello! Today I want to share a few quick updates on my 2018 Project Pan. I’ve had some successes and some distractions, but I am overall pleased with my progress. Click here to see my previous update!
Products I’ve Finished:
- Smashbox X-Rated Mascara, travel size
This ended up drying out a little more quickly than I anticipated, so I stopped using this on April 21. This means I got just under 2 months of use out of this.
- Touch in Sol Advanced Real Moisture Foundation – #21, sample
I liked this alright, and it definitely lasted a while. I used it regularly from March 12-April 25, often with another foundation mixed in to slightly lighten it.
- Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil (mini)
I’ve used as much of the oil as I can without getting a ton of the petals up in the dropper, so I’m calling this done.
- It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Lite (2 oz)
I ended up taking off the sprayer, dumping out a bit into my hands to use it, and then mixed in a bit of water to break up what was left at the bottom, and have since used that up, so this is done! However, I do plan to save this bottle to use for travel purposes.
- Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Shampoo
This has about 2-4 uses left, depending on if my husband or I get to it first, so I’m counting this as done.
- Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Crème Rinse
I couldn’t get any more of this to pump out and I dumped out as much of the remaining as I could into my hands, so this is done too.
- L’Oréal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm
And finally, this magically disappeared more quickly once the Shea Moisture conditioner stopped being easy to access by my husband. I’m replacing this in the project with another hair masque.
Products I’ve Made Progress On:
- Fiona Stiles Sheer Sculpting Palette – Light/Medium
I’ve used about half of the remaining middle shade and just a bit of the darkest shade this month. I was committed to a no-buy for the month of May, so I chose to “shop my stash” a bit more frequently. Something I love about this palette is that it pulls very neutral, so it’s flattering for my undertone. Sadly, this means it’s not the best product as I go into summertime here in California. I think I’ll keep using this alongside a warmer bronzer now, but more for contouring purposes.
- Milani Make It Dewy Setting Spray
I am so close to finishing this – maybe 10 sprays left – but I never remember to use it. (Important note: I prefer this as a prep step instead of for setting.) I think I will move it to my bathroom so I can spritz it on right after my moisturizer instead of forgetting it until I go to reach for my concealer.
- Milani Prime Light Strobing + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer
I’ve strayed from this somewhat this month, opting at times for the Becca First Light primer mini I took while traveling and just kept using, or foregoing primer altogether. The more I use this, the less I’m sure what it really does for me. In June I hope to experiment with it a bit more to better understand its effects – and hopefully use it up!
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1 – For Very Dry to Dry Skin (6.7 oz)
I made some progress on this that I’m fairly happy with, mostly because it’s more progress than I made in the previous month. I did, sadly, spill a tiny bit as I was transferring some back into the big bottle from a travel bottle, but I don’t think it made a huge difference.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye
I feel like I am continuing to make steady progress on this, even if it doesn’t show much because I’ve reached the widest part of the tube.
- Coty Airspun Powder – Translucent Extra Coverage
I didn’t see a ton of progress on this, but I was able to draw another line for progress, so that counts for something! I’d gotten away from using this somewhat in April, but I’ve caught myself using it more regularly the past couple weeks.
- Not Your Mother’s Blonde Moment Treatment Shampoo
I sort of quit using this after my last post since I was about to get my hair done again, so there’s not any progress. I will pick this back up as a weekly treatment now that I’m freshly highlighted.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – Vanilla Citron scent (4 oz tub)
I’ve got about one application of this left now, and I still have mixed feelings about the scent. The “citron” part comes through very strongly at first, but later in the day it settles down. By then I don’t really smell the vanilla, but my husband has complimented me on it and specifically said it was because I had a “vanilla-y smell”, so I guess that’s a good thing!
Products I’ve Added:
- Shea Moisture – Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Hair Masque
- Tarte – Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
- Mint Pear – C Your Youth Vitamin C Serum (mini)
- GlamGlow – Flashmud Brightening Treatment mask (mini)
- GlamGlow – Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment mask (mini)
- Skinfood – Black Sugar Wash-off Mask (mini)
- Origins – GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream (mini)
I added these products either because they replaced an item I used up, or because I wanted extra motivation to use them up. I will share my thoughts on them in my next update!
How is your project pan going? Please share your progress in the comments here or on Instagram! (Follow me @natalieblends!)
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and your own referral code, and I’ll get $15 as well.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.