May was a hectic month, so I focused on products that I knew wouldn’t let me down. Today I’m sharing my most-used products of May 2018. To check out my previous most-used posts, click here!
- Primer: Milani Prime Light Strobing + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer (3 months in a row)
I am committed to this through my Project Pan, so we’ll see how much longer this takes to use. I am surprised it is lasting so long, considering I use it nearly every day. However, this month I did take another primer (a mini Becca First Light) with me on a trip out of town, so I did have a few days off the Milani.
- Foundation: Japonesque Color Luminous Foundation – Shade 1 (3rd time)
I finished up this foundation this month and really enjoyed it, especially as a mixer with other foundations when I needed to lighten or adjust coverage.
- Concealer: Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer (1st time)
I got this concealer along with the matching foundation, and it’s a really great lightweight concealer for summer. I like the lighter coverage for this time of year, mostly because I get less-noticeable spots where my sunglasses sit when the product rubs off. While I did use this the most this month, I will say it works better with an equally lighter weight foundation. Whenever I used this concealer with a fuller coverage foundation, I used the NYX Dark Circle Concealer underneath.
- Powder: Coty Airspun Powder – Translucent Extra Coverage (5 months in a row)
Another Project Pan item that just won’t quit. I truly think I will be using this powder for the rest of the year, if not longer. I also used the Becca Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder a good amount this month because it was new and I was trying it out with my other Becca face products. I really love how this powder feels and it’s a refreshing step in my routine as the temperature rises.
- Bronzer/Contour: Fiona Stiles Sheer Sculpting Palette – Light/Medium (5 months in a row)
I used this fairly often, to continue the Project Panning, but also used the Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer quite a bit.
- Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush – Feisty (1st time)
This month I ended up using this mini I received in an ipsy bag a while back quite a bit. As a warm nude, it went well with all of the eye palettes I was using this month, and it’s an easy grab that I know won’t fail me. Especially after using a shimmery blush a lot last month, I was happy to use this matte. This shade was originally in the Big Blush Book 2 from Tarte’s Holiday 2016 release, and then an ipsy exclusive single, so I can’t link the specific shade, but this blush formula overall is awesome.
- Highlight:LORAC Light Source Illuminating Highlighter – Starlight (3rd time)
I just keep coming back to this because the formula is nice and soft and the color is perfect for any look. I do wish it had a mirror, although I like being able to see inside the compact to know the color. I am a little nervous about how soft the formula is – as evidenced by Tati’s experience with the Daylight shade in some of her videos. Therefore, I won’t be traveling with it any time soon.
- Setting Spray: Skindinavia The Makeup Finishing Spray – Bridal (2nd time)
I was so annoyed with the Milani Setting Spray that I used this more often this month. I am hoping to finish the Milani one soon so it will be fully out of my life. (Note: I do enjoy the Make It Last Spray, but not the Make It Dewy.)
- Brow Pencil: L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer – Light Brunette (2 months in a row)
Once again, this pencil never fails. I love the new color and am as happy with the formula as ever.
- Eyeshadow Palette: Colourpop x KathleenLights Dream St. Palette
I really love this palette and feel like I can create beautiful everyday and colorful looks with it.
- Eyeliner: Colourpop’s Creme Gel Liner in Mr. Bing (2nd time)
I brought this back in a lot while I was using the Dream St. Palette and it just stuck through with other palettes too.
- Mascara: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
This was my new mascara after finishing the Smashbox mini. I am enjoying it so far.
- Lip Balm: None
Looking back on May, I really didn’t use a specific lip balm very often, and especially not one of them more often than the others.
- Lip Liner: Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil – 020 beige nude (2 months in a row)
I kept using this liner since it was on hand and nice to use with the palettes I chose throughout the month.
- Lipstick: MAC Matte Lipstick – Velvet Teddy (3 months in a row)
This is still my “touch up” lipstick, but I also found myself grabbing it out of my purse a lot in the morning to use as my main lip of the day.
- Liquid Lipstick: Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip – Dreamy (2nd month)
Partly because I was using the Kathleen palette and partly because this is just a gorgeous “nude+” shade, I reached for this a lot in May.
- Lip Gloss: Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip – Aquarius (5 months in a row)
What are your favorite makeup products from this past month? Share your favorites or link your blog or videos in the comments!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.