Hello! This month for my “favorites” post, I’ve decided to go about things a little differently and talk more about my most-used makeup, rather than my favorites. Eventually I’ll share a “holy grail” products post, but I think this format will better show how I’m using my collection, since I’m in the midst of a Project Pan and other projects that limit the use of my full collection on any given day. As mentioned in my January post, I’ll share reviews for any items that are new to the list, and for those that are repeats from past months, the review will be linked to that post.
- Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – Radiance with Hyaluronic Acid
This was in my Project Pan for a couple of weeks (just a sample size from ipsy), and it’s already been used up. My full review of this product is in my most recent Empties post, but I can say for sure that I won’t be repurchasing this product. This is a great example of a product that’s on this list because it’s been my most-used primer lately, but not my favorite.
- Foundation: Becca Ultimate Coverage Foundation – Porcelain
While I’ve still been using my Japonesque foundation I talked about last month a ton, I have been gravitating more and more to this full-coverage perfection since I realized how much better it applies with a brush than a sponge! This foundation is full-coverage enough to erase imperfections and redness, but not so thick that it totally blanks out my freckles, which is the look I prefer. It can definitely be built up to cover everything though, if I felt the need to do so. I have very dry skin, and this foundation feels very nourishing, but still sinks in enough to where I don’t have to powder it like crazy to get it to set.
- Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape – Fair Neutral (2 months in a row)
I am still fully on this bandwagon, and (based on the amount that seems to still be left in the tube) will be on it for a while. I have a few other drugstore concealers in my drawer, but i think most have expired by now, so I will be decluttering the ones that don’t still work properly by next Empties.
- Powder: Coty Airspun Powder – Translucent Extra Coverage (2 months in a row)
As mentioned last month, I have quite a way to go with this one. I’ve been using a sponge to apply it on some days, so that’s helping it go more quickly, but I expect to be using this for the rest of this year.
- Bronzer/Contour: Fiona Stiles Sheer Sculpting Palette – Light/Medium (2 months in a row)
After repressing the two lighter shades (and hitting pan on the darkest!) I am fully back in love with this palette. It has the perfect tones for me to get a sculpted and bronzed look that truly suits my fair skintone. Please bring your line back, Fiona!!!
- Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush – Paaarty
I’ve still been using NARS Orgasm plenty in February, but whenever I’m craving a matte blush or want a more neutral shade than the peachy pink of Orgasm, I’ve been grabbing Paaarty from Tarte. I have the small size that came in the 2017 Sephora birthday gift, and these are a perfect amount that I feel like can actually get used up over time. The shade is a perfect muted cool pink that works for pretty much any look – which I really appreciate for a shade that went out to so many people last year.
- Highlight: LORAC Light Source Illuminating Highlighter – Starlight
This definitely falls in the category of #TatiMadeMeBuyIt. After seeing her talk about how much she loves this in the Daylight shade, I had to try this out. Luckily, I got a full-size of this in a holiday pack with a full-size blush and primer sample – it was even on sale! I wanted to try out the same shade she loves, but I’m glad the pack had the lighter shade, since I am quite a lot paler than Tati. But seriously – this is my favorite highlighter in my entire collection. It’s light enough to actually highlight the areas it’s applied to, but not so bright that it leaves a weird stripe. The texture is amazing, and can be either very glowy or SUPER glowy if you apply it over fresh setting spray or a cream base (I guess putting it on before setting my foundation would work too, but that would mean I’m going out of order…and that’s never going to happen.)
- Setting Spray: Skindinavia The Makeup Finishing Spray – Bridal
I had to take a break from the Milani spray because the nozzle was bugging me, so I grabbed my (giant 8 oz) bottle of the Bridal version of this spray out of my drawer. I bought this at Naimie’s last year, and I’m not sure I’ll ever use it all up since I only like to use it when I really need my makeup to last (or I’m actually doing a bride’s makeup). For everyday use, I can only spray a couple of pumps to take down the powdery bits, but any more dries me out too much. For making makeup last though? This stuff is incredible.
- Brow Products: OFRA Universal Brow Pencil
Another item that fits the most-used-not-most-loved idea is this brow pencil. I have used it exclusively (with the assist of the Fiona Stiles palette to fill in bits sometimes) since the beginning of this year, and I am ready for it to go. I’m lucky that this shade actually fits me, but I don’t believe it’s anywhere near being a “universal” shade. I’ll be reviewing the product more fully in my next Project Pan update since (I hope) I’ll be finished with it by then.
- Eyeshadow Palette: Wet n Wild Color Icon – Comfort Zone
My favorite palette, and a great surprise of this past month has been the reformulated and expanded version of the Comfort Zone Palette. I loved every look I created with this palette, and I’m sure there’s plenty more I can do with this. There’s such a great range of shades in some really unexpected colors. Even the eggshell shimmer is much more interesting than you’d think at first glance once it’s actually applied. I was also very impressed with the matte shades they added to the original eight – they’re very pigmented and go well with the existing shades to bring out different tones in each of the shimmers, depending on what matte is used with them.
- Eyeliner: Colourpop’s Creme Gel Liner in Mr. Bing
This liner is my favorite for nearly any look that has even a slight bit of brown or warm base to it. I don’t use eyeliner in my day to day looks, but whenever I want to line my upper and/or lower waterline, I love using this warm brown because it enhances my eye color so much. I have blue eyes, but this has a similar enhancing effect on every other eye color I’ve seen this used with, so I highly recommend!
- Mascara: Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara (2 months in a row)
Again – I’m stuck with this for a bit longer since it’s my Project Pan mascara, but it’s getting to be more difficult to get product out, so I’m thinking I’ll be switching to something else soon!
- Lip Balm: Fresh Sugar Lip Caramel Hydrating Balm (2 months in a row)
I’m still really loving this lip balm! This is something I think would make a really lovely gift or stocking stuffer, depending on your price range. (Yes, I know Christmas is 10 months away, but people have birthdays too!)
- Lip Liner: Ulta Dual Ended Lip Liner – Flushed/Berry
This is in my Project Pan, so I use it whenever I’m able to/need a lip liner. The berry side has some interesting effects on the shade of lipstick it’s applied with, but I actually think the Ulta lip liners are pretty great. My only concern is that I feel like you have to line and fill in your entire lips or other products will gather oddly on the outline only later throughout the day – which I guess is a positive since that means it’s helping the lipsticks to stay on longer!
- Lipstick: Colourpop Lippie Stix – Aquarius
I have been back into the Lippie Stix lately, and Aquarius is my go-to nude forever in any of its forms. I also highly recommend the matching nail polish from KL Polish. I’ve been trying some of them out the past few weeks, and, so far, Aquarius has been my favorite shade and most long-wearing.
- Liquid Lipstick: Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit – Rebel Rose
This became my favorite liquid lip from the first time I wore it nearly a year ago. I absolutely love this shade, the texture, and the longevity. I’ve been using it a lot lately since I know it’s fool-proof, which helps me to get ready faster in the mornings.
- Lip Gloss: Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip – Aquarius (2 months in a row)
I’m not sure this will ever not be my favorite lip gloss, so it should get comfortable remaining on this list.
What are your favorite makeup products from February? Share your favorites or link your blog or videos in the comments!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.