Today is a double update on my Face Mask Challenge – yes, that’s right – TWO months of updates on my progress using up my face masks! I know…the anticipation is killing me too. Let’s go!
(If you’d like to see my past updates, click here!)
Between May and June, I used a total of six masks, including three I finished and one I tossed. I missed four days in May and three days in June.
In my last post, goals for May (and I guess June) were:
- finish up three mini masks
- (actually) use up my one remaining sheet masks
- don’t miss any days!
So, how did I do?
- I finished two of the three mini masks, and will finish the third soon. I also officially finished the PTR Rose mask on May 3rd, and used up the rest of my Korres oil sometime in May, so I feel confident in saying I met my goal.
- I didn’t use the sheet mask because I threw it away. I found what I believe to be an expiration date, and couldn’t bring myself to put it on my face.
- I did miss some days, but I’m okay with that. I always use some kind of nighttime skincare, so on the nights I didn’t use a mask, it was because I was using a serum or moisturizer (or both) that better met my needs. For example, I was given the NARS Luminous Moisture Cream in mid-June, and I wanted to test that out for a couple of nights instead of mask.
Here’s the six masks I used in May:
- GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment (mini) – 9 times
- Skin Food Black Sugar Wash-Off Mask (mini) – 8 times
- GlamGlow FlashMud Brightening Treatment (mini) – 4 times
- Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask – 3 times (finished)
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – 2 times
- GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment – 1 time
And here’s the five masks I used in June:
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – 15 times
- GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment (mini) – 7 times (finished)
- GlamGlow FlashMud Brightening Treatment (mini) – 3 times
- GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment – 1 time
- Skin Food Black Sugar Wash-Off Mask (mini) – 1 time (finished)
Overall, I’ve used these 17 masks:
- Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask (deluxe) – 40 times (finished)
- Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask – 32 times (finished)
- GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment (mini) – 16 times (finished)
- BRTC Jasmine Waterful Sleeping Pack (mini) – 11 times (finished)
- Skin Food Black Sugar Wash-Off Mask (mini) – 9 times (finished)
- Fresh Rose Face Mask (mini) – 7 times (finished)
- Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil (deluxe) – 2 times (finished)
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – 34 times
- GlamGlow FlashMud Brightening Treatment (mini) – 7 times
- First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Bouncy Mask (deluxe) – 5 times
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask (deluxe) – 2 times
- GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment – 2 times
- Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask – Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask – 1 time
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask – Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator – 1 time
- Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask – 1 time
- Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask – 1 time
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask (mini) – 1 time
As I mentioned last month, I’m going to pull out the PTR Cucumber gel mask now that summer is fully in swing. I hope to use that up throughout July and August. I’ll be going out of town for a week in July, so I’ll either take a couple mini masks or scoop some of the PTR into one of the used up mini containers I’ve saved.
My goals for July:
- finish GG FlashMud
- focus on PTR Cucumber
- wash my face when I get home so I’m more likely to do a mask as a treatment, and not just an overnight moisturizer
So it’s clear that I haven’t been posting consistently for the past couple of months. This is for a variety of reasons, but at the end of the day this blog is about keeping myself accountable in my projects, and since I am still doing that without the blog, I’m okay! I do hope to post a little more frequently, but I am going to reassess my posting schedule over vacation in July and hope to come back strong in August.
Let me know in the comments what your favorite masks are and if you have tried any of the masks I’ve been using so far!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.