Today I want to share my wedding makeup look in honor of my first wedding anniversary. My husband and I got married last year on March 5 in Texas. With a Texas wedding in March, you have to plan for all kinds of weather and temperatures, so I practiced my wedding look a few times to be sure I was choosing products that would really stay put through anything.
Here’s the products I finally landed on:
- Primer: L’Oreal True Match Lumi
- Foundation Cocktail: (all of these are SPF-free formulas)
- L’Oreal Infallible Total Cover – 302 Creamy Natural
- Fiona Stiles Luminous Finish Foundation – 01
- If I was doing this today, I’d use my Becca Ultimate Coverage Foundation or the L’Oreal Infallible Total Cover mixed with another SPF-free foundation from the drugstore. The Total Cover really helps to add coverage to other products, but I don’t like using it alone. (Also, YAY! Fiona Stiles is sold on QVC now!)
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder – Warm Light (it’s true! There was zero flashback)
- Fiona Stiles Light Illusion Prism Palette to soften undereyes
- Contour & Bronzer:
- Essence Pure Nude (used this mostly)
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed – Champagne Pop (just a hint on the cheekbones)
- Eyeshadow Palettes: (I went for a peachy/brown look)
- Eyebrow Products:
- Better Than Sex Waterproof (For waterproof mascaras, I always recommend going with a mini size, since you likely don’t use it day-to-day. BTS was my favorite mascara at the time, so I naturally gravitated to the waterproof version.)
- Lip Color:
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip – Bumble (this stayed on ALL day/night)
- Setting Spray
Here’s a close-up from when I did my final trial-run:
I totally stand by all of these products to get the job done on your wedding day. In fact, I’ve used similar products on my friends for their wedding days, too! I hope this shows that you don’t have to splurge on a ton of high-end products for wedding day makeup. There are so many amazing products at the drugstore and Ulta that can create a long-lasting, beautiful look. If there’s anywhere to spend a bit more, though, I’d say it’s the setting spray – but you can always get the travel size of this to save some $$$.
What are your go-to special occasion products that help your look last through anything? Share in the comments below!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.