Hello! Today I’d like to share the Project Pan projects I am currently working on. At the beginning of this year, I continued a rolling project pan, similar to last year’s. I hadn’t limited the project to a certain number of items, which made me start feeling like things weren’t as structured as I wanted.
In mid-June, I decided to regroup and better focus my projects – yes, multiple – and better defined my panning goals. Below I am giving a sort of introduction to each project, and a few notes on why I added the products to each project.
Project 1: 10 in 2019
- Time Period: Starting June 11, will regroup at the end of 2019…or whenever I want.
- Item Limit: Focusing on 10 products at a time.
- Set or Rolling?: Rolling. Allowed 2 days to add new item after finishing one.
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads Trying to finish before I open Pixi Glow Tonic.
- BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Eye Gel Cream I’d like to finish both this and my one other eye cream before I try a new one I’m really interested in.
- Boscia Tsubaki Swirl moisturizer I want to use this throughout the summer, since it’s a gel/cream mix, but I may swap it out if it’s not done by winter.
- Farmacy Skin Dew Hydrating Essence & Setting Spray (travel size) I’m not a facial spray person, but I want to use this up instead of just tossing it.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Caramel Hydrating Balm I added this both to improve my (very dry) lips and motivate myself to use it up so I can get to other products.
- Dermadoctor KP Duty Body Scrub (from kit) Trying to work through my body scrubs. Since this is a treatment-focused one, I want to finish it before it expires.
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer (Birch 1.5) Trying to get down to only one fuller and one light coverage foundation.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 in Petal Tinted (mini) I have a few of these tinted Fresh products and I want to make sure to use them while they’re good. I keep it at my desk at work and use it throughout the day.
- Dermablend Compact Setting Powder There’s a lot of new powders that have come out the past year or so that I want to try, but I will use up what I have first.
- MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ (original) Just trying to work through my setting sprays and I do better if I’m focusing on just one at a time.
Project 2: Roulette Pan Collab – Round 5
- Time Period: Started June 11, Round 5 ends August 15. (I started late, Round 5 actually started April 15.)
- Item Limit: Focusing on 6 products at a time.
- Set or Rolling?: Rolling. After finishing an item, randomly choose a new category from spreadsheet and allowed 2 days to add new item.
- Category List: Click here for the Google Spreadsheet
- A Product in Loose Form (3) Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder (travel size) I finished this on June 18.
- A Product you Bought because of YouTube (5) Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3
- A Product you’ve Used Up Before (18) Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer (Light Bronzer)
- An Item from your Favorite Brand (31) First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
- Something overrated (33) Sol de Janiero Bum Bum Cream (mini) I finished this on June 18.
- Something from a Lesser-Known Brand (46) Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
Added after the two above were used up:
- A Product you Received as a Gift (13) Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer Broad Spectrum (SPF 25)
- A Product the Smells Nice (37) Too Faced Sweet Peach Glow palette (blush)
Project 3: You Don’t Need More Mascara
- Time Period: Until I finish all my mascaras
- Item Limit: 1 black mascara at a time
- Set or Rolling?: Rolling. Decide which will come next the day before adding.
- Benefit They’re Real – Used April 1 through June 30.
- Clinique High Impact Mascara (mini) – Started July 1.
I made this an “official” project, just to hold myself accountable. I have 7 more mascaras to work through after the Clinique (1 full-size, 6 mini), and then 2 more full-size that I’ll get as trade-ins from the two Sephora Lash Stash kits most of my minis have come from. Only once all of those are finished up can I buy a new mascara. I will also avoid getting any as point perks, whenever possible.
Project 4: It’s Casual
This isn’t really an official project, but more of a list of items I’m currently working on to help me generally track how long it takes to use things up. Think of it as a similar idea to a monthly makeup basket. Due to the informal, ever-changing nature of this non-project, I won’t list the items here. As I finish items, I will add them to my empties posts.
That’s all for today! What projects are you working on? If you haven’t started a project pan yet, what’s stopping you? Please comment here or on Instagram! (Follow me @natalieblends!)
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and your own referral code, and I’ll get $15 as well.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.