I made it through another month using a mask every day. Halfway through the month I decided to focus more heavily on a single mask for a longer period to see if that helped me get a better feel for how I like that specific mask.
As you can see by the photo, those “longer periods” only lasted 5 days in a row each. I am still very much on the overnight mask train, and don’t intend to get off of it anytime soon. With the way the weather has been fluctuating in Southern California lately, I’ve needed increased hydration, so the overnight masks have been great. That was really why I switched from the PTR Rose mask after February 18th, because I was noticing that my skin needed a bit more moisture.
In February, I used five different masks:
- Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask – 10 times
- Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask – 8 times
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – 8 times
- BRTC Jasmine Waterful Sleeping Pack – 1 time
- First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Bouncy Mask – 1 time
I finished up the Jasmine mask in that last time on February 2nd! My first mask empty of the year. (I have also just realized it wasn’t included in my last empties post, so I’ll include that next month with a full review.)
Overall, I’ve used these nine masks:
- Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask – 15 times
- Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask – 14 times
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – 12 times
- BRTC Jasmine Waterful Sleeping Pack – 11 times (empty)
- First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Bouncy Mask – 4 times
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask – 1 time
- Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask – Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask – 1 time
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask – Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator – 1 time
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask – 1 time
My goal for March is to make more time to use non-overnight masks, and then use an overnight mask as a night cream if I feel like it’s needed. I want to see more progress on my collection, and I think this will be a helpful way to do that. I also hope more dedicated time for masks will help me to better unwind after work (and after my commute – which is honestly the most stressful part of my day).
What’s your favorite face mask for relaxation? Let me know in the comments what your favorite is and if you have tried any of the masks I’ve been using so far!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.