Hello! Today I’m sharing my first update for my Face Mask Challenge. As a refresher, I have a lot of face masks in my collection…definitely too many for one face! So, as an attempt to use up my collection and to find the types and ingredients I love the most, I’ve decided to do a face mask every day in 2018.
I am pleased to say that I was successful in my first month of daily masking:
In January, I used 9 different masks:
- BRTC Jasmine Waterful Sleeping Pack – 10 times
- Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask – 6 times
- Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask – 5 times
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – 4 times
- First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Bouncy Mask – 3 times
- FAB Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask – 1 time
- PTR 24K Gold Mask – Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask – 1 time
- PTR Cucumber Gel Mask – Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator – 1 time
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask – 1 time
There was one night (Jan. 31) where I used 2 masks because when I removed the FAB Bouncy mask, I needed to apply moisturizer, and I just grabbed for the Clinique Overnight instead of another night moisturizer. I haven’t decided if I should keep that notation up next month.
Something I’ve learned so far is that I truly prefer masks that are made to be slept in. Not only are they the lowest maintenace of all of my masks, but they seem to provide the best results for what I’m looking for. Of course, there are some treatments that you wouldn’t want to leave on for that long, like the Origins Charcoal or the GlamGlow Supermud (which I used once as a spot treatment, but I can’t remember when!)
For masks I’ve used up, I finally finished the BRTC Jasmine Sleeping Pack last Friday night out of a bit of frustration that it was taking so long to finish. I squeezed as much as I could out of it and ended up applying a bit thicker of a layer than usual, but boy was that the time I saw the most results out of it! I’ll include a full review on this mask in my February empties, since I technically finished it on Feb. 2.
For this next month, my plan is to work through some of the masks that I’ve already put on the list instead of adding more to the mix. I would really like to get pretty far into the PTR Rose and Cucumber masks, and I think I can do that since I usually use them as overnight masks and apply them down my neck.
What’s your favorite style of face mask? Overnight, peel off, sheet, bubble masks? Let me know in the comments what your favorite is and if you have tried any of the masks I’ve been using so far!
P.S. Here’s some referral links to some of my favorite sites. Use if you’d like!
- Ebates – This is a great way to earn cash back from online shopping (that you’re already doing) at many of your favorite stores! (Including Sephora & Ulta!) If you join through this link and make a purchase of $25 or more, you’ll get an extra $10 cash back and I’ll get $15, as well as your own referral code.
- thredUP – I love using thredUP to clean out my closet and shop for new pieces at a discounted price – sometimes they’re even brand new with tags! When you join thredUP through this link, you get $10 to spend and I get $10 to shop after you place your first order.
- StitchFix – This is a great way to try out some new items for your closet, without the hassle of going to the stores and the bonus of a personal stylist. If you sign up with this link, you’ll get a FREE styling fee (usually $20) on your first Fix, and I’ll get $25 credit once it ships.